Open Source Software Tools for Soil Scientists
A collection of articles, methods, and examples of how open source software tools can assist with research in the field of soil science. Additional links to methods in environmental sciences within the realm of statistics, interpolation, morphometrics, and more.
Garrett and I are leading a seminar-style course covering some of this material, Fall quarter, 2006.
- Tufto, J. & Cavallini, P. 2005: Should wildlife biologists use free software? - Wildlife Biology 11:67-76.
- Open Source geocomputation: using the R data analysis language integrated with GRASS GIS and PostgreSQL data base systems.
- Tips on Linux, LATEX, R, and more
- JabRef: opensource reference management / bibliography tool
- Morphometric analysis in geographic information systems: applications of free software GRASS and R Carlos Henrique Grohmann Computers & Geosciences, 30 (9-10):1055-1067
Pages in Section