Generic GRASS-GMT Plotting System
Submitted by dylan on Sat, 2008-03-08 00:34.
A generic press-quality plotting system for GRASS, based on GMT. Still a ways to go.
- Export of raster data to GMT grid via GDAL is not well supported when the source raster contains nodata values.
- Exporting raster data with a combination of r.out.bin [...] | xyz2grd [...] is problematic when there are several rasters to export and they are of different resolutions, especially when changing the region resolution results in a non-integer cell size (xyz2grd fails).
- A more unified approach to this would drop sh hack altogether, and use the existing GRASS python bindings, along with the emerging GMT python bindings.
- Exporting thematic vector data is still problematic, however the new support for the GMT vector file format may improve the situation
- Exporting paletted raster data is complicated by the need for a CPT file, not sure if it is possible to convert the GRASS color rules file into one.
- Calculation of page layout measurements and rounding of numbers cannot be done with bash. See attached perl script.
see attached file